Those piles of trash lying around your home might not be junk after all. If you’re thinking of tossing that old computer or all those stacks of newspaper, you might want to think again. Big Rapids yard waste removal companies like Fair Salvage Company may be able to haul some of your trash away and turn it into profit. Here are just a few ways you can de-junk your home and make some money at the same time.
· Gather up cardboard, paper, and other packaging materials. They could prove valuable. It’s estimated that over $11 billion of packaging materials are destroyed annually. These are items that could be turned around and reused. In fact, because landfills are becoming so overfilled, many disposal companies are charging high prices to haul trash away. Many recycling companies, on the other hand, charge less money and may even pay you to pick up these valuable packing materials.
· Circuit boards, capacitors, photocopiers, and other e-waste could be recycled and used to create new electronics. Before you toss anything out, call a salvage company to come out. With their help, you can sort through your old electrical components to establish what can be sold.
· If you’re remodeling your home, don’t throw out that old carpet. No matter how old and stained it may be, it can still be recycled. The nylon fiber in carpet is often extracted and used to manufacture new carpet, flooring, and signage materials. There’s a good chance that a salvage company will buy your used flooring, which gives you cash to put toward your renovation.
· Construction sites are a gold mine for things that can be recycled and repurposed. Scraps of wood can easily be used for future projects, as can metal components. Copper wiring and other leftover metal pieces could fetch quite the price from salvage and recycling companies. Even old toilets and bathtubs might be worth something. The best way to establish whether or not your old items can be sold is by consulting with a professional salvage company.
· Cell phone manufacturers come out with new models every single year. When they do, people clamor to the store to purchase them. But what happens to all of the old phones? If you’ve got a drawer full of outdated cell phones, they can be sold to a salvage company. Even models that are years old might be worth something. These electronic devices are often sold for parts and used to create newer models, making them valuable to recyclers.
· Ink cartridges for printers don’t need to be thrown away after they run out. Instead, sell them to a recycling company. These plastic containers are often melted down and used for other purposes. This makes them a hot commodity for salvage companies.
There are dozens of ways to turn your trash into cash. If you don’t have any of these items lying around your home, start looking in other places. Your friends, family members, and neighbors may have a plethora of items that they are looking to get rid of. So, kill two birds with one stone. De-junk a space and put a little bit of extra cash into your pocket with these helpful tips from your waste removal company in Big Rapids.
If you’re ready to help your community by becoming a recycling practitioner, find a company that offers salvage containers in Harrison, MI. Contact Fair Waste Services to discuss the options that would best serve your specific recycling needs.